“Where you been? Where you going? Man, I want come.” Millennials are traveling more and more these days. In fact, I know a few Bahamians that are very interested in exploring the islands and have been taking advantage of their travel opportunities. Just last week, my friends were all about “catching flights and not feelings”. A few went to Toronto for Caribana, one went to Bimini for a Girl’s Trip, another went to Exuma for Regatta and the next one was Full of Vibe at Cropover in Barbados. With all of this traveling going on around me, I figured it would be interesting to hear about their stories and travels, you know, to add a diverse range of perspectives and the “Where Ya Been” series was born.
Starting the series is L’Oreal, a green eyed loc-ed hair goddess that enjoys traveling and living her best life. By profession she markets The Bahamas with a strong emphasis on Domestic Tourism and is also a Visual Blogger. She went to Bimini last month and here’s her recommendations on how to have a great time on the island known for big game fishing and The Lost City of Atlantis.
1. How did you get there? I took Western Air’s 9:00 am flight. Took about 30 minutes to reach Bimini.
2. What did you pack (Key Essentials)? SUN BLOCK! That was the most important thing for me along with swimsuits, flip flops, island attire, and my trusty Yeti cup.
3. Where did you stay? Would you recommend it? Why/Why not? Hilton at Resorts World. I’d definitely recommend staying here. The property is vast. They have many restaurants, 4 pools (including a rooftop infinity pool), and it is the quintessence of island luxury.
4. What are your must-have meals and drinks? Must have Bimini Bread from Charlie’s and the Bimini Knockout punch from Stuart’s both located in Alice Town.
5. Where are some of the activities you participated in? Snorkeling the Sapona, Feeding the Stingrays, and Chilled on Luna beach.
6. When travelling to Bimini you must… (finish the sentence) …eat some Bimini bread.
Photo Credit: L’Oreal Sweeting & Ashanti Williams
Check out L’Oreal’s instagram page for all of your aesthetically pleasing visual needs of our beautiful islands.